post

Villa’s Adomah maintains good form despite Ghana snub


Aston Villa’s Albert Adomah

by
Austin Ditlhobolo

Saturday Nov 25, 2017. 13:00


Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce is pleased with Ghanaian international Albert Adomah’s surge in form.

The 29-year-old midfielder has established himself as one of the key players for the English Championship side.

Adomah, who last played for Ghana in 2015, has netted eight goals in 14 league matches for Villa this season.

“I’m delighted with Albert, he’s in great form,” Bruce told Villa’s official website.

Adomah made it three goals in two league matches when he netted against Sunderland on Tuesday.

“He was a doubt before the game, we thought he had a bit of a calf problem but he wanted to play,” he added.

“And he scored another goal, which is great.”

Adomah will look to inspire Villa to victory when they face Ipswich Town in a league match on Saturday.



Source link

post

Keita Balde snub nothing to do with us – Juventus director – 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers


Joseph Ebogo of Cameroon is challenged by Keita Balde of Senegal during the Afcon Quarter Final match between Senegal and Cameroon on the 28 January 2017 at Franceville , Gabon Pic Sydney Mahlangu/ BackpagePix

by
Graeme Jackson

Monday Aug 14, 2017. 21:00


Lazio’s decision to leave Keita Balde out of the Super Cup had nothing to do with Juventus, according to club director Beppe Marotta.

The 22-year-old Teranga Lions attacker was omitted from Lazio’s matchday squad for their 3-2 win over Juve at the Stadio Olimpico.

Keita took to Twitter to claim that he was “profoundly hurt” by the snub, which comes in the wake of transfer speculation linking the player to Juventus and Tottenham Hotspur.

Yet Juve argue that the issue has nothing to do with them, after they had an offer for the player turned down by his club earlier in the transfer window.

“I want to point out that we’ve got nothing to do with Keita,” Marotta told Rai Sport before the Super Cup.

“We expressed our interest to Lazio and offered a sum that was not considered adequate. Maybe there will be another proposal in future, who knows?

“We will bring in a midfielder, that is certain.”



Source link

post

Keita Balde closer to Lazio exit after Super Cup snub – 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Africa


Lazio forward Keita Balde Diao

by
Graeme Jackson

Monday Aug 14, 2017. 15:00


Senegal star Keita Balde has moved closer to leaving Lazio after being left out of their Super Cup squad on Sunday.

The Rome-based side defeated Juventus 3-2 at the Stadio Olimpico last night, though Balde was a notable absentee from the matchday squad.

The 22-year-old Teranga Lions star has been linked with a move away from Lazio this European summer, with Premier League giants Tottenham Hotspur and Italian champions Juventus listed as the most likely suitors.

“The player was not calm over the last few days, he was in a way perplexed at having to play this game, so the coach evaluated his condition and the final decision was clear for everyone,” Lazio director Igli Tare told Rai Sport when asked about Keita’s absence.

“Soon the Keita and Stefan de Vrij situations will be clarified.”

Keita reacted angrily on social media, writing on his official Twitter page that he was “profoundly hurt” by being left out of the squad.

“The decision made by the club, which evidently had nothing to do with purely sporting criteria, puts me in a psychologically uncomfortable position and right now I don’t know how to evaluate the consequences of that,” he added.



Source link