post

Fiston Abdul Razak leaves Sundowns – reports – ABSA Premiership 2017/18

[ad_1]

Fiston Abdul Razak leaves Sundowns - reports

Fiston Abdoul of Bloemfontein Celtic and Happy Jele of Orlando Pirates during the Absa Premiership match between Bloemfontein Celtic and Orlando Pirates on 10 May 2017 at Dr Molemela Stadium, Bloemfontein ©Frikkie Kapp /BackpagePix

by
Bertin Basson

Friday Nov 17, 2017. 18:00


Fiston Abdul Razak has reportedly parted ways with Mamelodi Sundowns, according to KickOff.com.

Razak, 24, spent last season on-loan at Absa Premiership rivals Bloemfontein Celtic, but has since returned to Chloorkop and duly left the Brazilians after receiving his clearance from the former CAF Champions League holders.

The Burundi international scored three goals in 18 appearances across all competitions last season for Siwelele and returned to Sundowns hoping for game time.

But, despite the club having exercised a one-year option on the forward, he was not registered due to Sundowns having exhausted their foreign quote subsequently leaving Razak in limbo.

He is now set to return to Burundi before starting his search for a new club with Razak re[reportedly open to the idea of returning to South Africa.

He has scored nine goals in nine games for the Burundi national team.

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Bance leaves Egyptian side due to money issues

[ad_1]

Bance leaves Egyptian side due to money issues

Aristide Bance of Burkina Faso during the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Finals 3&4 match playoff between Burkina Faso and Ghana at the Port Gentil in Gabon on 04 February 2017 ©Sydney Mahlangu/BackpagePix

by
Staff Reporter

Thursday Nov 02, 2017. 18:30


Media reports in Egypt suggest that Burkina Faso striker Aristide Bance has left Al Masry on Monday, saying he was fed up with the club’s failure to fulfill its financial obligations.

It is reported that the club has failed to meet its obligations towards him after the 33-year-old joined the Port Said-based club in the summer.

Bance netted three goals and provided two assists in Masry’s first seven Egyptian Premier League games so far.

However, he went AWOL after falling out with the club over late payments and has revealed the reasons behind his departure.

LUC EYAMAEL AND GORDON IGESUND GUNNING FOR THE UGANDA NATIONAL TEAM COACHING JOB

“Masry did not honour my agreement with them and the contract we had signed,” Bance told FilGoal.com.

“According to our agreement, the club should have bought a car and house for me but this did not happen … they should have also paid me part of my due money in August.

“After our draw with Ragaa and the loss against Ismaily, they said they will deduct money from the players but I have not even received any money to be deducted.

“I had to borrow some money from my friends to buy my flight tickets and leave Egypt.

“How can I focus on football at a time when the club can’t fulfill its promises?”

Masry said on their official website that they intend to file a complaint with world governing body FIFA against Bance, saying the towering frontman had missed training for two consecutive days to pressure the club into selling him.

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Man City omission leaves Yaya Toure confused – 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Africa

[ad_1]

Man City omission leaves Yaya Toure confused

Pep Guardiola and Yaya Toure

by
Graeme Jackson

Tuesday Sep 19, 2017. 20:00


Yaya Toure’s continued omission from Manchester City’s first team has left the Ivory Coast legend wondering what he has to do to see some playing time.

The former Elephants captain has been left out of City’s last three matchday squads and has not played a single minute so far in the 2017/18 campaign.

Citizens coach Pep Guardiola has explained that his omission of Toure is a “sporting decision”, but the player is apparently confused over what he needs to do to get back in the team.

A source close to the player, quoted in the Sunday Mirror , said: “Yaya is fit and ready to play. Pep picks the team and it is his right to leave Yaya out of the team.

“Yaya’s relationship with Pep is good, but he has not been told anything in detail about what he needs to do to get back into the squad.”

It comes days after Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk Tweeted: “Yaya is in great shape. He will prove it. He is fit to play. It’s up to Guardiola to decide.”

The coach and Toure had a falling out last season over inflammatory remarks issued by Seluk, before the Ivorian worked his way back into first-team contention.

This time around there appears to be no such antagonism, but the Spanish coach hasn’t really explained why he is ignoring Toure.

“I spoke with him and he knows the reason why – but it’s between him and me,” Guardiola said last week.

“It’s a sporting decision. I’m always happy – but of course I demand as much as possible.

“I want more, not just from Yaya – I want more from everyone.”

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Tendai Ndoro leaves Orlando Pirates – ABSA Premiership 2017/18

[ad_1]

Tendai Ndoro leaves Orlando Pirates

Tendai Ndoro of Orlando Pirates celebrates a goal ©Chris Ricco/BackpagePix

by
Phumzile Ngcatshe

Tuesday Aug 22, 2017. 15:30


Orlando Pirates have announced the departure of striker Tendai Ndoro to Saudi Arabia’s Al Faisaly.

A statement released by the club is that the Zimbabwean forward will not be available for their second 2017/18 Absa Premiership clash against Baroka.

The Buccaneers are on the road to Limpopo as they meet Bakgaga Ba Mphahlele on Tuesday night and ‘Fire’ will miss the encounter.

“The Club can confirm that it has reached an agreement for the sale of the Zimbabwean international to Al Faisaly Football Club,” Pirates said in a statement.

“Ndoro is due to undergo a medical in Saudi Arabia before the deal is finalised.”

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Uganda’s Aucho leaves Red Star Belgrade – 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers

[ad_1]

Uganda's Aucho leaves Red Star Belgrade

Khalid Aucho of Uganda challenged by Mohamed Elneny of Egypt during the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations Finals football match between Egypt and Uganda

by
Phumzile Ngcatshe

Tuesday Aug 08, 2017. 13:30


Latest information surrounding the future of Ugandan midfielder Khalid Aucho is that he has parted ways with Serbian side Red Stars Belgrade.

Reports reveal that the Cranes international has confirmed parting ways with the Serbian top division side after the club failed to honour the contract.

The 24-year-old joined the club on a six-month deal in February this year as a free agent from South Africa’s Baroka FC.

NIGERIAN GOALKEEPER CARL IKEME THANKS FANS FOR SUPPORT AFTER LEUKEMIA DIAGNOSIS

Aucho previously played for Gor Mahia and cited non payment of salary as one of the reasons for his decision not to renew his stay.

“I and my agent have decided to terminate the contract because they are not working according to the details of the contract,” said the player to Soka25East.

“We have dragged them to court – demanding my pay arrears.”

On the other hand, the player lamented racism in the country, but believes the city of Belgrade is one of the best in the world.

Although he is undecided about his future, Aucho does not rule out returning to Gor Mahia, but is closely evaluating offers already on the table.

“I love Gor Mahia, but now I’m weighing the options I already have.”

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Sakala leaves Zanaco to Saudi Arabia – 2017 FAZ Super League

[ad_1]

by
Phumzile Ngcatshe

Tuesday Aug 08, 2017. 12:30


Zanaco midfielder Saith Sakala has joined Saudi Arabian Premiership side, Al-Fateh on a five year deal.

Zambian reports suggest that the midfielder, who previously had a stint in Israel, will battle it out in the Saudi Arabian league with former Zesco United striker Idriss Mbombo.

Mbombo is on the roster of another Saudi Arabia top side, Al-Shaba and according to Zanaco boss, Edward Mutale, Sakala will sign the contract once he passes his medicals.

AUBAMEYANG TEMPTED BY CHINESE OFFER

“Saith Sakala is waiting for his ticket from the club in Saudi Arabia. He is supposed to undergo his medicals either in Saudi Arabia or Turkey, where the club is camped for pre-season training,” Mutale said to the Daily Mail.

“Once he passes his medicals, he will sign a five-year contract.

“We are almost done with everything, we are just waiting for them to send some documents.

“We are happy that the young man, Sakala is leaving the country with our blessings.

“We are confident he will excel in Saudi Arabia because he is an intelligent and disciplined player.

“At Zanaco, we give players opportunities to excel in their careers.”

It is reported that Sakala attracted interest from a number of overseas clubs following his impressive performance in the 2017 CAF Champions League.

Sakala scored two goals in the continental competition where Zanaco were eliminated in the group stage.

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Barrow leaves Swansea City for Reading

[ad_1]

Barrow leaves Swansea City for Reading

Modou Barrow of Gambia during 2017 Afcon Qualifier match between South Africa and Gambia on 13 June 2015 at Moses Mabhida Stadium Pic Sydney Mahlangu/BackpagePix

by
Austin Ditlhobolo

Saturday Aug 05, 2017. 13:00


English Championship outfit Reading FC have reinforced their squad with the signing of Gambia international Modou Barrow on a four-year deal.

The 24-year-old forward was previous on the books of English Premier League (EPL) side Swansea City – having had loan stints with Championship clubs Nottingham Forest, Blackburn Rovers and Leeds United.

Reading manager Jaap Stam told the club’s official website that he is pleased to see the winger arriving at the club ahead of their first 2017/18 Championship clash with Queens Park Rangers (QPR) on Saturday.

“I’m very pleased to welcome Mo to Reading Football Club and I’m delighted that we have been able to add another player to our squad ahead of the start of the new season. Now all our focus is on the challenge that lies ahead on Saturday and our trip to QPR,” he said.

The club’s director of football Brian Tevreden revealed why they signed Barrow, who was born in Gambia’s capital city Banjul, before moving to Sweden as a young boy.

“We identified Mo as a player with real ability as well as the potential to flourish and improve even further as a member of this Reading squad. He is a bright and exciting talent and we have every faith that he can make a big contribution at Reading Football Club,” he added.

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Nigerian starlet Awoniyi leaves Liverpool on loan – 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Africa

[ad_1]

by
Austin Ditlhobolo

Tuesday Aug 01, 2017. 20:00


English giants Liverpool FC have sent out Nigeria youth international Taiwo Awoniyi on another season-long loan deal.

The 19-year-old striker has joined Belgian First Division A side Royal Excel Mouscron ahead of the 2017/18 season.

Awoniyi spent the last two campaigns with German side FSV Frankfurt and Dutch outfit N.E.C on loan from the Reds.

Liverpool confirmed on their official website that the Nigeria Under-23 star had sealed his move to Mouscron.

A club statement read: “Taiwo Awoniyi will spend the duration of the 2017-18 season on loan at Royal Excel Mouscron.

“The striker, who signed for Liverpool in August 2015, joins up with the Belgian side following the beginning of their league campaign on Sunday.

“Awoniyi spent last term with NEC Nijmegen, for whom he scored three goals, having previously embarked on a loan stay at FSV Frankfurt in Germany.”

The marksman made 18 appearances in the Dutch Eredivisie last season for N.E.C and he netted twice in the process.

[ad_2]

Source link

post

McDonald Mariga leaves Italy for Spanish club

[ad_1]

McDonald Mariga leaves Italy for Spanish club

The Harambee Stars of Kenya

by
Austin Ditlhobolo

Tuesday Aug 01, 2017. 12:00


Spanish outfit Real Oviedo have reinforced their squad with their signing of Kenya international McDonald Mariga.

Mariga, who won the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League title with Italian Serie A giants Inter Milan, has been on books of Italian Serie B side U.S Latina Calcio.

The central defensive has now joined Oviedo, who are campaigning in the Segunda Division, which is the second tier of Spanish football.

A club statement read: “Real Oviedo has come to an agreement to contract the services of center midfielder McDonald Mariga, “Mariga”, for the coming season.”

The 30-year-old, who is a former Parma midfielder, will be keen to help Oviedo secure promotion to the Spanish La Liga.

“The player will join training sessions immediately, after having passed medical examinations in the Clínica Asturias.

“He will work under the directions of Juan Antonio Anquela beginning this afternoon in order to be completely ready for the coach when the season begins,” another club statement read.

Mariga made 28 Serie B apperances for Latina last season.

[ad_2]

Source link

post

Omolo leaves Antwerp for Brugge – 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Africa

[ad_1]

by
Austin Ditlhobolo

Thursday Jul 27, 2017. 10:00


Belgian First Division B side Cercle Brugge have confirmed the signing of Kenya international Johanna Omolo.

The defensive midfielder helped Antwerp clinch the Belgian First Division B title last season and they gained promotion to the top flight league.

Omolo, who is 27, has since left the club ahead of the 2017/18 campaign according the Brugge official website:

A club statement read: “Johanna Omolo has signed a contract for the next two seasons at Cercle Brugge.

“The defensive midfielder will definitely be transferred from Antwerp FC and will join Cercle today (Wednesday).”

Brugge’s Sports Director François Vitali believes that Omolo can help the club clinch promotion to the Belgian First Division A.

“We are very pleased that we can announce the transfer of Omolo because we absolutely wanted him,” Vitali said.

“It is a player who will be able to contribute a lot with his qualities and experience in this competition Cercle.

“We are pleased that he is part of the Cercle family today. Welcome, Johanna.”

[ad_2]

Source link