I’ve picked out a solid little treble from tonight’s Europa League matches.
I’m on this one with £20 to return £77
Click this link to copy the bet bit.ly/Bet365BonusBet
Bet Tip for Europa League
Arsenal and Atlético Madrid will meet up with competitively for the initially time in the semi-finals of the UEFA Europa League, in the initially leg of a much-expected contest in between clubs from the capital metropolitan areas of England and Spain.
• Both of those Arsenal and Atlético survived next-leg scares in the quarter-finals, the Gunners at some point prevailing 6-3 on aggregate against CSKA Moskva (4-1 home, 2-2 absent right after trailing -2) and Los Colchoneros edging Iberian rivals Sporting CP 2-1 around the two legs (2- home, -1 absent).
Arsenal, the lone English reps in the UEFA Europa League knockout section, gained four of their six autumn encounters to leading Group H before knocking out European debutants Östersund in the spherical of 32 then successful equally legs against AC Milan – 2- in Italy and 3-1 in London.
• Obtaining crossed around to the UEFA Europa League right after finishing third in their UEFA Champions League team, Atlético made mild function of equally Danish champions FC København in the spherical of 32 and Russian league leaders Lokomotiv Moskva in the spherical of 16, successful all four matches.
• Arsenal and Atlético have hardly ever fulfilled in UEFA opposition, even though the Gunners did conquer their Spanish opponents 2-1 at home in the 2009 pre-season Emirates Cup.
• The Gunners have gained only ten of their 31 UEFA opposition matches against teams from Spain, getting rid of fourteen. At home their record in fourteen encounters is W8 D3 L3, the most new a 2- defeat against Barcelona in the 2015/16 UEFA Champions League spherical of 16 initially leg.
• The London club have gained five of their nine two-legged UEFA ties with Liga opposition but have shed each individual of the final a few – all to Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League. Their 1 past semi-remaining against Spanish opponents did finish in accomplishment, a 1- aggregate win around Villarreal in 2005/06 (1- home, – absent) getting them into their initially – and as yet only – European Cup/UEFA Champions League remaining.
• Atlético’s record in 27 matches against English clubs is W10 D11 L6, and they have been victorious in seven of their nine two-legged knockout contests, such as each individual of the final a few only Derby County (1974/75 UEFA Cup) and Bolton Wanderers (2007/08 UEFA Cup) haved eradicated them. On English soil, nevertheless, they have gained just 2 times in 12 visits, getting rid of four times.
• The Madrid aspect have drawn 1-1 on each individual of their final two visits to England – against Leicester Town in final season’s UEFA Champions League quarter-remaining and at Chelsea in this season’s team stage, Saúl Ñíguez scoring Atlético’s goal in equally matches.
• The two journeys prior to people game titles were equally for European semi-remaining next legs and yielded positive results – a 2-1 extra-time defeat at Liverpool in the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League bringing an absent-goals victory right after a 1- home win, and a 3-1 win at Chelsea, which involved a Diego Costa penalty, getting Diego Simeone’s aspect via to the 2014 UEFA Champions League remaining right after a – draw in Madrid.
• Arsenal’s 8-match unbeaten home operate in UEFA Cup and UEFA Europa League matches (W6 D2) came to an finish in the spherical of 32 with a 2-1 defeat by Östersund, but they bounced back again by beating Milan 3-1 and CSKA 4-1 in the next two rounds.
• Prior to that victory around the Rossoneri the Gunners had shed each individual of their past six European home game titles in the spring, conceding seventeen goals. They have not held a clean sheet in the final 8.
• Arsenal have prolonged their European campaign into the spring for the 19th successive yr – all beneath Arsène Wenger’s administration.
• Arsenal are producing their UEFA Europa League debut this season. Their final European campaign outside the UEFA Champions League was the 1999/2000 UEFA Cup, which ended with a penalty shoot-out defeat in the remaining against Galatasaray. They overcame French aspect Lens in that season’s semi-remaining, successful 1- at home and 2-1 absent.
• The Gunners’ record in six UEFA opposition semi-remaining ties is W5 L1, prevailing in each individual of the initially five – against Juventus (1979/80, 1-1 home, 1- absent), Paris Saint-Germain (1993/94, 1-1 absent, 1- home) and Sampdoria (1994/95, 3-2 home, 2-3 absent, gained on penalties) in the European Cup Winners’ Cup, then Lens and Villarreal – before Manchester United ousted them in the final four of the 2008/09 UEFA Champions League (-1 absent, 1-3 home). They have therefore hardly ever shed a semi-remaining to international opposition.
• Atlético were unbeaten on their European travels this season right until their 1- quarter-remaining next-leg defeat at Sporting, a few draws in the UEFA Champions League preceding two wins in the UEFA Europa League.
• The Madrid club went into that match in Lisbon on a operate of seven successive absent wins in the UEFA Europa League knockout section. Certainly, the reduction to Sporting was only their next in 12 these kinds of fixtures (W8 D2), the other that 2009/10 semi-remaining defeat against Liverpool. They were also victorious on neutral territory in the finals of 2010 (Hamburg) and 2012 (Bucharest).
• UEFA Europa League victors in 2010 and 2012, Atlético are producing their initially overall look at the opposition in five a long time. Since then Diego Simeone’s aspect has appeared in two UEFA Champions League finals and achieved the quarter-finals and semi-finals in two other seasons.
• Effective in equally of their past UEFA Europa League semi-finals, against Liverpool in 2009/10 and Valencia in 2011/12 (4-2 home, 1- absent), Atlético’s general record in fourteen UEFA opposition semi-remaining ties is W8 L6. They had gained four in a row before likely down to city rivals Real Madrid in final season’s UEFA Champions League (-3 absent, 2-1 home).
• Atlético has gained only four of their fourteen absent legs in UEFA semi-finals, the newest accomplishment coming in London four a long time in the past with that 3-1 next-leg win at Chelsea.
• Atlético concluded third in the Spanish Liga final season, and this is only the next time in 8 makes an attempt that they have unsuccessful to development outside of the team stage of the UEFA Champions League. On the other hand, on the only other situation, in 2009/10, they went on to win the UEFA Europa League.
Inbound links and trivia
• Arsenal’s Armenian global Henrikh Mkhitaryan was a UEFA Europa League winner with Manchester United final season.
• Antoine Griezmann’s goal in the initially leg of the quarter-remaining against Sporting was the 500th scored by a Spanish club in the UEFA Europa League, team stage to remaining. The next leg was the 300th outing in the opposition proper for a team from Spain. Both of those figures are records for a one nation.
• Mesut Özil played 105 times in the Spanish Liga for Real Madrid in between 2010 and 2013, scoring 19 goals. He faced Atlético 8 times (W7 L1) and scored four goals against Los Rojiblancos.
• Nacho Monreal played 127 league matches for Osasuna and 45 for Málaga through his time in Spain. He faced Atlético 11 times (W3 D2 L6), scoring an own goal in Osasuna’s 2-1 defeat in June 2007 and acquiring a red card in the Pamplona club’s 3- reduction in November 2010.
• Shkodran Mustafi made sixty-four Liga appearances for Valencia in between 2014 and 2016, scoring six times. He faced Atlético on four occasions (W1 D1 L2), scoring in a 1-1 draw in March 2015.
• Simeone faced Arsenal 2 times as a player with Lazio in the initial team stage of the 2000/01 UEFA Champions League (-2 absent, 1-1 home).
• Diego Costa made 89 Leading League appearances for Chelsea in between 2014 and 2017, scoring fifty two goals and successful the title in 2016/seventeen. He faced Arsenal five times in the league, scoring 2 times. He also found the net against the Gunners on his remaining Chelsea overall look – in the 2017 FA Cup remaining, which Arsenal gained 2-1.
• Arsenal’s Laurent Koscielny and Alexandre Lacazette are French global team-mates of Atlético’s Gameiro, Griezmann and Lucas Hernández.
• Arsenal’s Monreal and Héctor Bellerín and the Atlético quartet of Koke, Saúl, Vitolo and Diego Costa are all Spanish internationals.
• Arsène Wenger has been the Arsenal manager because 1996, primary the Gunners to a few English titles, a record seven FA Cup wins and the 2006 UEFA Champions League remaining. A player of modest repute, he made his title as a coach with Nancy and Monaco in his indigenous France before shifting to Japan for a short spell with Nagoya Grampus 8. He is the longest serving manager in the Leading League.
• Diego Simeone has been the Atlético coach because December 2011, and has included five trophies to the club’s collection, such as the 2011/12 UEFA Europa League, as perfectly as steering the Madrid club to the UEFA Champions League finals of 2014 and 2016. The combative ex-Argentina midfielder also had two spells at Atlético as a player, successful the Spanish double in 1995/96.
Atletico Madrid ensured Champions League football will be back again at the Wanda Metropolitano next season as they swept aside Levante 3- at home on Sunday afternoon.
Soon after a dismal display in Lisbon in midweek it was back again to enterprise for Atleti, who hardly ever definitely appeared troubled by their readers and duly took a deserved direct by way of Angel Correa’s initial-50 % strike.
Antoine Griezmann was then harshly judged to have dived as he appeared to be wiped out as he rounded the goalkeeper, but then produced a minute of magic to make it 2- just immediately after the break. Substitute Fernando Torres put the icing on the cake late on as he swept home on the volley as Atleti preserve their grip on second place.
Back to winning methods with a clear sheet and a place at Europe’s top rated table for subsequent 12 months assured. Pleased times.
Lucas Hernandez’s suspension leaves the aspect gentle at the back again next week.
Supervisor score out of 10
eight — The aspect Diego Simeone picked obtained the occupation accomplished. With the Champions League assured next season, the target should definitely change to the Europa League semis now?
Participant scores (1-10 10 = greatest. Players released immediately after 70 minutes get no score)
GK Jan Oblak, 6 — Did what was essential with the minimum of fuss, as he constantly does. A amazing 20th clear sheet this season.
DF Sime Vrsaljko, 7 — Was able to attack at will. Set in a wonderful ball for Griezmann to score and was a continuous menace all afternoon.
DF Stefan Savic, 6 — Dealt with the minimal attacking menace the readers posed with ease.
DF Diego Godin, 7 — One wonderful block at 1- that could possibly have transformed the game. Otherwise was largely untroubled.
DF Lucas Hernandez, 6 — Booked and now misses the subsequent match, which is not excellent presented the club’s injuries scenario. Then lucky to stay away from injuries as he obtained taken out himself.
MF Angel Correa, 9 — Excellent displaying. A wonderful complete to open up the scoring immediately after a awesome change remaining 3 defenders incorrect-footed. Confirmed wonderful motivation and pace to tee up Torres for the 3rd, far too.
MF Koke, 7 — Served retain the ball shifting in the center of the park but visibly weary immediately after his midweek exertions. Taken off with 50 % an hour to go.
MF Vitolo 7 — A substantially far better outing. Produced a very good direct operate to assist set up Correa for the opener in advance of going shut on a couple of instances himself. Demands to use this as a platform, relatively than a phony dawn.
FW Antoine Griezmann, 7 — Harshly deemed to have dived when he rounded the keeper on the break and was booked in the initial 50 %. Additional than made up for it when he smashed home Atletico’s second. Another who was presented the remaining 50 % hour off.
FW Kevin Gameiro, 6 — The ball just would not rather bounce for him. Worked tirelessly and obtained himself into some very good positions, but the remaining ball to him was missing.
FW Fernando Torres (for Griezmann), 7 — Delighted the group as he spectacularly volleyed in from shut vary to seal the 3 points.
MF Gabi (for Koke), 6 — To begin with appeared a minimal sloppy and gave the ball absent a couple of times in advance of regaining his regular composure.
MF Juanfran (for Vitolo), NR — Brought on late and presented a bit of license to roam forwards in a more highly developed position.