post

League two weeks break, totally perfect for us – Dyche

League two weeks break, totally perfect for us – Dyche

Burnley Manager, Sean Dyche has stated that the two-week break as a result of FA Cup actions next weekend is exactly what his tiring squad need at this point in time.
The Club hopes to welcome back record signing, Chris Wood, and defender, James Tarkowski from injury in the coming days so they can be available for the next Premier League encounter with Southampton on the 24th of February. They are in a poor patch of form as a result of several injuries to major players such as skipper, Tom Heaton, Robbie Brady and Steven Defour.
They have only picked up just five points in a possible 30 from their last 10 games but despite their poor form, the club is still positioned 7th sitting only below the recognized “Top Six” in English Football.
Defender, Stephen Ward was fit to make the bench in the 1-0 loss at Swansea City on Saturday after missing more than two months as a result of a knee problem. Phil Bardsley was unavailable due to a hamstring injury while James Tarkowski has missed more than six different games in the last 10 through injuries and suspension. The same can be said of Jon Walters and Dean Marney, both of whom have also missed a significant part of the season.
Dyche, full of excitement and pleasure believes that the two-week break will be very helpful to have his depleted squad resuscitated as they will be welcoming a lot of first-team members back from injury during the period.
While speaking with the Clarets official website, he said: “We’re hopeful of getting bodies back over the two-week break.
“A couple of weeks have come at the right time, I think the players need a break from it all.”
“Wardy as you saw, is back but only just trained last week so he’ll have another couple of weeks under his belt and we’re confident with Woody and Tarky, Dean Marney, and they just add that layer to the squad.”
“Once the group is back together again, they all look around and say ‘alright, this is us getting back to where we are as a collective’, and I think that’s important when you have such a tight-knit group.”

“We’ve had two of the kids with us just in case, and that’s as stretched as it’s ever been since I’ve been at the club, but that’s no excuse. “We’ve got to take care of our own business, it’s just a fact, that’s all.”

post

Guardiola rues missed chances

Guardiola rues missed chances as City were forced to a draw at Burnley

Manchester City Manager, Pep Guardiola has been left frustrated after his team were pegged back to a 1-1 draw due to a host of missed chances by the Citizen’s attack.

Former Real Madrid defender, Danilo scored a beauty in the first half to give the League leaders the lead at Turf Moor but they were denied a fifth straight victory as a result of their wastefulness after Johann Berg Gudmundsson pulled back an equalizer in the last minutes.

The former Bayern Munich Manager while speaking in his post-match conference said: “We played so good, we just missed the last moment to try to score the second one and playing away in the Premier League, in the last 10 minutes anything can happen.

“I’m so happy for the performance, it was outstanding overall”.

England International, Raheem Sterling was glaringly wasteful as he had an unbelievable chance among other half chances to secure the game for the leaders which he all missed. Guardiola however added that: “Anything can happen in football – next game he is going to score.

“Ederson made two good saves, really good. But it was not the key point for dropping two points.

“Danilo scored a fantastic goal, he has the talent to score this kind of goal.”

Club skipper, Vincent Kompany when asked for his comments after the disappointing game said: “We never doubted this league was competitive. We were warned for this kind of situation.

“We knew we would have to take our chances. We created some chances in an incredible manner but we probably ran out of steam because we kept trying and trying and trying, and in the end, we got punished. But we don’t have to feel sad because our performance was good.

“Raheem Sterling has been incredible for us. He’s scored more last-minute goals for us than anyone in this league. But today it didn’t quite happen. But I give top marks to everyone for the way they handled this game.

“There’s one thing you know when you play Burnley, they’re well-organized and well-disciplined. I thought we handled every game against Burnley so far well.

“Today they got what they fought for. They got a goal in the last 10 minutes and never stopped believing. We have to make sure we finish games a little earlier next time.”

post

Lennon will bring a lot of experience into Burnley Squad – Dyche

Burnley Manager, Sean Dyche has insisted that new acquisition Aaron Lennon will bring inestimable loads of top-flight experience to the Clarets squad.

The England International who has over 350 appearances has featured for Everton, Leeds United and Tottenham Hotspur in his more than 14 years as a top-flight player. He also has 21 caps for the English national team and was once a major delight to the English media in his early spurs days.

Dyche was excited to see the 30-year-old in training on Tuesday morning after sealing his transfer from the Toffees and the Burnley boss believes that he will be a major advantage to them.

“The obvious advantages are his experience, along with his pace, said Dyche.

“He’s another rounded figure in the Premier League in our camp because we haven’t got that many.

“He can rub off on the players as well. Some do it by the way they go about their business and their understanding of the level.

“But he’s also got 21 England caps and that adds to his experience level, so it’s a bit of everything.

“He’s a different type of player in our camp because we want to keep shifting it forward.

“It’s finding that nice balance between players who can develop with us and players who are more rounded, who can add to the group.”

post

Breaking: Burnley signs Lennon

Former Tottenham winger, Aaron Lennon has joined Burnley from Premier League club Everton for an undisclosed fee.

The England International chose to leave Goodison Park and move to Turf Moor after he fell down the pecking order following Theo Walcott’s arrival from Arsenal, as it is certain his game time will be further reduced. His signing has now been confirmed by the Clarets’ official website.

Lennon spent about three years on Merseyside with the Toffees, he will now wear jersey number 25 for his new club although details of his transfer contract were undisclosed.

The 30-year-old fast-foot winger was pleased to move to Lancashire, however, he revealed how much he was looking forward to helping Sean Dyche’s men move forward after a sensational start to the season.

He said: “Burnley was the club I wanted to come to and I can’t wait to get started. I’m looking forward to playing here.

“The club is moving forward and I want to hopefully play a part in that to keep it going in that direction.

“I think I’ve still got a lot to offer. I am only 30 and I still want to play at the highest level. I have missed a bit of football in the last year or so and I just want to get back and play as much as possible.

“I’ve never had an easy game against Burnley and this year they have done fantastic. They deserve to be where they are. Hopefully, I can help the side continue that and have a good end of the season.

“The team has done brilliantly. There are 14 games to go and hopefully, we can kick on and maintain a place in the top half, which would be brilliant for the football club.”

post

Brighton winger Solly March on Burnley radar

Burnley Manager, Sean Dyche is interested in signing Brighton winger, Solly March to save his side’s crumbling season.

March has been consistent in his display for Chris Hughton’s Brighton this season and he might consider the reported £10million transfer deal from The Clarets.

The 23-year old, who signed for Brighton from Lewes, a non-league side in 2011 has turned himself into an important part of the Brighton team and Hughton will do all he can to make him stay.

He has featured in 22 Premier League games this season after making 27 appearances in their promotion-winning 2016/2017 season.

After making an instant impact in top-flight football, plenty clubs are setting their gaze on the midfielder and Burnley might just be the one to act first due to their urgent need.

Sean Dyche’s Burnley started the season quite brilliantly after defeating Champions, Chelsea in the opening week but have been in a dismal form recently. Robbie Brady is out injured, Dyche believes he needs to bring in quality signings this January to save their season.

Despite already signing Georges-Kevin Nkoudou on loan from Tottenham, the Manager [Dyche] is keen on another major addition and he thinks March will be the ideal signing.

It is understood Brighton are keen to hold on to one of their star men as they look to avoid relegation straight back down to the Championship.

post

PLAYER SPOTLIGHT: Christian Atsu – Ghana winger to tear into Burnley tonight – 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Africa


by
Graeme Jackson

Monday Oct 30, 2017. 16:00


Christian Atsu will have the chance to tear into Burnley’s defence when Newcastle United head to Turf Moor for a Premier League clash tonight.

The Ghanaian winger has appeared in all nine of the Magpies’ league matches thus far in the 2017/18 season and has played a key role in their strong start to the campaign.

With one goal and two assists, there is still room for Atsu to improve in the final third of the field, but his effort and endeavour have won over United’s fans.

The former Chelsea man has also had his place as a regular starter defended by manager Rafa Benitez.

The Spaniard has been asked why he has opted to field Atsu ahead of Jacob Murphy – a more expensive signing.

“You can use the money [the fee for Murphy] as an excuse for anything but Matt Ritchie and Christian Atsu also cost us money,” Benitez told the Chronicle.

“The main thing is not the money. We signed a player for four or five years – who is a young player – who needed Premier League experience.

“He is getting better. In every training session, there is improvement from him and he is working hard trying to get better.

“I am really pleased with everything. I think he will be a good player for us during the season and also in the future. He is still a young player,” he added.

Atsu is set to start for Newcastle tonight, with the match at Turf Moor set to kick-off at 22h00 CAT.



Source link